Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keeping you posted

It's that time of year again! The time of year when I plan my summer vacation(s). This summer I may be stretching my vacation days to their limit, but I have a feeling I won't regret it. Do I ever?

I travel throughout the year, of course. It does seem, however, that with the approach of June, July, and August comes a hankering for more substantial vacations aside from long weekends or business with tacked-on personal travel. Perhaps it's a holdover from school days, when summer vacation was the only time the whole family could take a trip together. Or maybe it's just that when the sun is shining, the temperature is climbing, and everything outdoors is beckoning, I'm much less content to stay cooped up inside four walls. Or one state.

What's in store for 2008? Not counting work travel, I have a few trips in the works. (If you thought a month in Australia and New Zealand would satisfy me for the year, you were mistaken.) Plans currently include three new states, as I march slowly but steadily toward my 50-state goal. But which of these trips am I most excited about? Here are three (not very difficult) clues:



No comments: