Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finally


More on my estate sale Saturday soon, but I wanted to relate a quick Sunday Lunch anecdote. My five-year-old nephew - the one obsessed with presidents, planets, and states - has a new obsession. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Depp version). He watches the DVD all the time, has memorized the special features including the biography of the man who plays the Oompah Loompas, and has even perfected the Oompah Loompa dance.

His babysitter has been telling her friends that he'll be president one day. Upon catching wind of this, my nephew immediately grasped the historical implications. "Mom," he asked my sister seriously, "Do you know what this means? It means that an Oompah Loompa will finally be president."

Hmmmm.

3 comments:

hip-hop-annonymous said...

That is deep. He will be President one day. hahaha! I love the way kids think.

From my babysitting years I now have the following memorized word-for-word:

Mary Poppins
The Goofy Movie
Aladin
Pocahontas

Miss Taken said...

oops! I need to remind myself that I have a new account now.

Asteff said...

estate sale? I didn't realize you had so much stuff...