Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy birthday, Mom and The Spot


Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. Not to publicize her age too widely, but it's also the birthday of The Spot.


My mom and The Spot are exactly the same age. What's more, The Spot is half a block from the house where she grew up. My grandpa used to enjoy telling the tale of the day his daughter was born, when he came home from the hospital and grabbed a celebratory hamburger at the new joint down the street. Every year, The Spot puts a big ad in the newspaper in honor of the 4th of July and the restaurant's birthday. And every year, they sell hamburgers for [Mom's age] cents. As you might imagine, every year, she appreciates this tradition a little less.

Happy birthday, Mom. Have a root beer whirl and some cheese squares.

1 comment:

Asteff said...

I heart the spot(and your photo)! And now I know that your mom is spot years old. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha...